CONCORD, Mass.–()–Today the TomTom Navigation app for Android is available to download from Google Play for the first time. The new app is an addition to TomTom’s existing, highly-rated navigation app for iPhone and brings TomTom’s world-class TomTom navigation to millions more smartphone users.
“Today, we are bringing this world-class navigation experience to millions of Android smartphone users for the first time.”
Available at a special introductory price, the TomTom Navigation app for Android has been designed especially for drivers. With the latest TomTom maps included and stored offline, users will not have to worry about losing signal in the middle of a journey or incurring roaming charges when traveling. The app also includes free quarterly map updates, which ensures that drivers will always have the latest map on their smartphone.
“TomTom has a history of making great navigation applications. Our existing iPhone app gets fantastic customer feedback and regularly wins awards,” said Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director, TomTom Consumer. “Today, we are bringing this world-class navigation experience to millions of Android smartphone users for the first time.”
The TomTom Navigation App for Android also includes the following features:
- Fully off-line and navigable map. With or without signal, high-resolution maps offer fast offline loading and routing. This avoids high data roaming charges when used abroad.
- FREE Lifetime maps. Users will always have the latest map to ensure they get to their destination as quickly as possible. Users will receive four free map updates per year for the life of the app.
- IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
- TomTom HD Traffic. Live traffic updates help users reach their destinations faster. This is available via an in-app purchase. Availability varies by country.
- TomTom Places. Search results designed for drivers.
- Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
- Seamless Integration. Integrates easily with Android smartphone contacts.
- Advanced Lane Guidance. Provides extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
- Spoken Street Names. Allows drivers to keep their eyes on the road – spoken instructions now include street names, making turnings even clearer.
- Speed Cameras. Avoid speeding fines with real-time camera alerts. This is available via an in-app purchase in specific countries.
Pricing and Availability:
TomTom Navigation app for Android (USA) is available now at a special introductory offer from the Google Play store, priced at $37.99.
For more information about TomTom Navigation for Android, please visit our website.
Notes for editors
- Android OS: 2.2 or higher
- Screen resolution: 800×480 or 854×480, we are committed to supporting higher resolutions on an ongoing basis
- Storage: 215 MB – 3,7 GB of free space required, depending on the app and the associated map
Founded in 1991, TomTom (AEX:TOM2) is the world’s leading supplier of in-car location and navigation products and services focused on providing all drivers with the world’s best navigation experience. Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has over 3,500 employees and sells its products in over 40 countries.
Our products include portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the award winning TomTom HD Traffic.
For the world’s most up-to-date route planner, including live traffic information go to www.tomtom.com/livetraffic.
For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com.
* The lifetime of the app or for such time as TomTom and its suppliers provide the services whichever comes first