NEW YORK–()–Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC:
POWER & PERFORMANCE
The Galaxy Note® II is Samsung’s first device in the U.S. to feature the Samsung Exynos™ 1.6 GHz quad-core processor and Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean, which brings stunning graphical capabilities and the Google Now service. The Galaxy Note II features a 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED™ touchscreen with 16:9 true HD aspect ratio and a 3,100 mAh battery, which has 24 percent more capacity than the original Galaxy Note. The Galaxy Note II features a thinner, sleeker design, narrower bezel and weighs less despite the larger screen and battery as compared to the original Galaxy Note.
ENHANCED S PEN EXPERIENCE
Creating and collaborating on the Galaxy Note II provides a more precise and natural writing and drawing experience with the redesigned S Pen™ that can sense 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity. Key applications of the S Pen include:
- Air View allows users to hover with the S Pen over an email, calendar entry, image gallery or video to preview the content without having to open it or wait for screen transitions. This feature also enables users to preview Web site content without opening the full site. Air View also provides a title description for icons in various applications.
- Easy Clip feature allows users to instantly outline and crop any content on the screen in any shape to save, share or paste. Once done cropping the image, people can freely embed the image into emails, Facebook posts, or S Notes, and add their own creative flair.
- Idea Sketch allows users to easily add illustrations by handwriting keywords on the S Note. It provides illustration images that match the handwritten keywords. Idea Sketch allows users to express, organize and visualize ideas in a more innovative and creative way. Users can even customize and add in their own library of illustrations.
- Photo Notes allows users to create handwritten notes on the back of digital photos just like they used to on printed photos.
- Quick Command uses the S Pen to quickly activate applications and services used most often. The command pad appears with one upward swipe on the screen with the S Pen button pressed down. Users can send an email, make a call or search a location on the Web with pre-registered and customized S Pen stroke marks made on the command pad.
MULTITASKING & PRODUCTIVITY
The Galaxy Note II enables consumers to multitask like never before with several features, including:
- Popup Note lets users open an S Note instantly as a pop-up window to jot down a quick note during a phone call, checking email or watching a video.
- Popup Video extends the concept of ‘Popup Play’ that was introduced on the Galaxy S III. While watching a video, with the touch of a button, the video will become a floating window on the display. The video will continue to play and it can be re-sized or repositioned to any part of the Galaxy Note II’s screen. This versatility means that users are free to load other applications beneath it to browse online or work in other apps such as email, calendar or text messaging.
- Popup Browser launches a floating browser window that can easily be moved around the screen when a user clicks on a link embedded in an email.
Galaxy Note II also offers several of the unique content sharing features that were introduced on the Galaxy S® III, including:
- S Beam – Tap the back of a Galaxy Note II against a Galaxy S III or another Galaxy Note II to share large video files, documents or S Notes in seconds without using data service.
- Share Shot – Seamlessly share pictures taken with Galaxy Note II’s 8 megapixel camera to other phones from up to 200 feet away via peer to peer Wi-Fi without having to send them via email or USB drive. New in the Galaxy Note II, you can now pair Galaxy devices in a Share Shot by simply touching to pair them using NFC. Share Shot is a great way to make sure you leave the party with all the pictures your friends took.
- Burst Shot/Best Shot – Capture rapid-fire still pictures with zero shutter lag by just holding the shutter; and choose the picture with your friends’ best poses, from Best Shot image recommendations.
- AllShare Cast™ has been expanded on the Galaxy Note II. Share premium video content, mobile games and movies and TV shows from Samsung Media Hub wirelessly with Samsung Smart TVs, laptops, tablets and other consumer electronics.
- GroupCast™ is now even easier to use for collaboration on photos and documents in real time.
PORTFOLIO OF ACCESSORIES
Samsung Mobile offers a suite of premium accessories for the Galaxy Note II, including:
- Protective Flip Cover – Samsung’s unique Flip Cover enhances the look and feel of the Galaxy Note II with a stylish front cover and glossy snap-on back. This unique fold-over design protects the phone’s screen from smudges, scratches and dirt, while also shielding the screen from direct sunlight and wandering eyes. In addition, the Flip Cover was designed to support key phone functions, allowing for access to all side buttons, jacks and speakers, meaning users can hear calls even with the Flip Cover closed. By replacing the Galaxy Note II’s back cover, the Flip Cover maintains the phone’s slim profile by not adding thickness to the handset. Available in seven vibrant colors – Titanium Gray, Marble White, Blue, Pink, Mint, Lime Green and Orange – users can use their Flip Covers to customize their Galaxy Note II for any occasion or outfit.
- S Pen with Eraser – This ergonomic, full-featured S Pen features a button for gestures and an eraser tip for easy corrections. This updated version of Samsung’s original S Pen truly mimics the feel of a pen or pencil.
|Display||5.5 inch HD Super AMOLED (1280×720) display; 16:9 true HD aspect ratio|
|OS||Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)|
|Processor||1.6 GHz quad-core processor|
Rear: 8 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with LED Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BSI
Front: 1.9 Megapixel VT camera, BSI
Best Photo, Best Faces, Low light shot
Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, DivX, WMV7, WMV8, WMV9, VP8,
Format: 3GP(MP4), WMV(ASF), AVI, FLV, MKV, WebM
Full HD(1080p) Playback & Recording
WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40
|Sensor||Accelerometer, RGB light, Digital compass, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer|
|Memory||16 GB User memory (ROM), 2GB (RAM), microSD slot (up to 64GB)|
|Dimensions||5.94 x 3.17 x 0.37 inches|
|Battery||3100 mAh Lithium-Ion battery|
|Network||HSPA+/UMTS/GSM/EDGE & LTE|
Samsung, Galaxy Note, S Pen, Super AMOLED, Exynos and AllShare are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Android, Google Now, and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, (Samsung Mobile) a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets, wireless infrastructure and other telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2011 consolidated sales of US$143.1 billion. Employing approximately 206,000 people in 197 offices across 72 countries, the company operates two separate organizations to coordinate its nine independent business units: Digital Media & Communications, comprising Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, and Digital Imaging; and Device Solutions, consisting of Memory, System LSI and LED. Recognized for its industry-leading performance across a range of economic, environmental and social criteria, Samsung Electronics was named the world’s most sustainable technology company in the 2011 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.