WASHINGTON–()–Personal (www.personal.com), a private, personal network and data vault that allows individuals to organize, search and control access to their digital information and online identity, announced today the release of its native mobile application for Android smartphones.
“There is no limit to the benefits people can enjoy when they become masters of their digital information and identity. Data will increasingly be needed for just about everything we do.”
Personal’s Android app provides the same core features and legal and security protections that are available through its web and mobile web products that launched in open beta on November 11, 2011. Features include:
A secure and portable data vault.
- Personal’s users (which the company calls “owners”) can fill their vaults with gems – nuggets of reusable information that represent all of life’s details, such as family, pets, cars, home, office, passwords, food preferences, and more.
- Owners add only what they want and control what’s in their vaults.
A private, personal network.
- Owners can create, import and organize their contacts to build their networks and securely grant and request gems on the go or send by email.
- Owners will enjoy real-time updates across their networks.
A personal search engine.
- Owners will have up-to-date information from their data vaults and personal networks at their fingertips.
- Wherever they are, owners can search their vaults for life’s details.
Gemware, which is Personal’s app store for data.
- Owners can add empty gems to their vaults and fill them with information about their lives.
- They can also find and import community gems, which contain data other Personal owners have published.
“Personal’s Android app lets individuals easily and safely access and share the details of their lives anytime, anywhere,” said Shane Green, co-founder and CEO of Personal. “There is no limit to the benefits people can enjoy when they become masters of their digital information and identity. Data will increasingly be needed for just about everything we do.”
Personal plans to unveil its iPhone app in the coming weeks, and the product is currently available to all smartphone users via the mobile web. Tablet users can access Personal through a mobile browser.
Download the app in the Android marketplace or from Personal’s website.
Personal (www.personal.com) provides individuals with the tools to create a private, personal network where they can control their identity and determine access to their data when connecting with people and companies. Built on a secure data vault, individuals can easily import, consolidate and manage just about any information in their lives – all with the peace of mind that their data remains legally theirs and is never used or shared without their permission. Personal launched in open beta on November 11, 2011. www.twitter.com/personal.